Friday, May 6, 2011

One Pissed Off Easter Bunny!

Adventure #26 Sailing Away In Drool Money!

If you don't already know you "readers," friends and family out there... I make all Natural Dog Treats. The reason why I first started was mainly because I was worried about my dog getting fat. Nope, not the kind of fat that barely bulges over his new spring Tee. Or the kind that you have to loose before bikini season. It was the kind of fat that will eventually cause health problems and even sadly death in Bulldogs. Before making my ridiculous purchase of Brutus, I loved the really, really Fat Ones! You know the kind that you can't tell where his colossal head starts and begins. After reading many articles about the problems of weight gain, I decided to start researching low-fat, no sodium, all natural food. He loved all the experiments and with just a few ingredients that are forbidden in dogs, I was off! Brutus will be two years old in August, and let's just say my dog looks good. His coat is shiny, his waist is tiny, (unlike mine), and his face.. well is very handsome. This brings you right up to Brutus Bites. The Name of my small, local company, the name that hopefully one day will  be locally well-known. I am not driven by the money or the look at me kind of stuff, I actually really enjoy making them. Christmas was crazy! A few orders in between. But Easter...well.. Easter was one for the books!

I decided instead of making people place flavor orders, I would help myself out and make just three kinds. Banana Dreams, Sushi for My poochee and Butterfly Kisses! OK, so I am sitting there with 37 orders that will not just have to be baked but also decorated and stuffed into tiny plastic eggs. I also had to decorate the Easter Baskets (to my expectations) and fill Easter Bunny Plastic Bags. I will show a few pictures of my final products but lets just say the photos don't do the detail... justice. Here is a rundown of the math that it took for 37 orders in 12 hours to go out! 37 orders x 13 cookees = 481 Cookees. + one extremely large orders of 60 Cookees = 541 cookees. + 1 Kitchen + 1 slimy, drool-filled dog + 1 mop + not enough Miller Light in the World + 1 oven + 2 Racks = Holy Crap What Did I get My self into? If I  was estimate between 3 batches that were put into the oven, I had to mop the floor underneath me at least one time. Why? You Ask? Well, if you think that I am trying to sell my product by telling you my dog drools.....a lot. You are Crazy! He knows what I am up too. He knows the smells, he knows they are made for him and he knows they are called Brutus Bites!! So I am rushing around with flour on my face, peanut butter in my hair and a Olympic Style Swimming Pool of Drool under my flops and I am about to loose it! After washing the floor too many times to mention and going through a whole a 42 count baby wipe container for his face... we were done! Thank you to all that ordered and thank you to all my "close friends" that didn't. I will be sure when I make it big and my stuff is on every Pet Smart Shelf In the Western Hemisphere, I will send you a post card! Brutus Dollars = 164 foot traditional plank wooden frame sailboat! Have fun on dry land.. SUCKERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment