Monday, February 28, 2011

What can I get for ya?

Adventure #6

Can I Get a Beer and a Shot of Saliva Please?

Most people go to bars to relive stress. Some people go to bars too meet people, too socialize or too honestly... "hook up!" I however do nothing of the above.  I screwed myself well over a year ago now. I thought.. Oh, how cute! Let's bring my 10 pound perfectly white English bulldog to all of my spots. The deadly combination of being a bartender  in my twenties.... and in college, I developed a great friendship with all the wonderful bartenders around town. Most places in my town are "dog friendly!" Though, most of them are not "Brutus Friendly!" So, there I was parading around my new purchase and my new responsibility. Strong boyfriend in hand, we would place him on the bar stool next to us, as many patrons came over to Gawk at him! The girls went wild! If it were a few years back, Brutus would have been the one to make the video, Girls Gone Wild! They flocked to him, kissed him and picked him up shoving his puppy breath face into their breasts.  I know I am his Mom but he was absolutely adorable. I have posted pictures of early months of Brutus at our neighborhood spots.  Salty Dog and later in life with Daddy at Legends.

So, now picture Brutus and I, wrinkles, saliva and all heading out to our local pub. He loves to pull with every inch lunging to the bar stool.  Without care or invite, he leaps on to the bar stool and begins to climb up to the bartender as if he is demanding a stiff cocktail! The spit dripping from his face, it begins to form a large pool of goo on to the bar. Funny though, he most likely looks like other customers. Now, where do I sit, you might ask? Well, "just got off work me and been standing all day...YEP! you guessed it. I stand next to him. True, with the amount of people oooohing and ahhing, this place is sensory overload; for a can't get enough attention-filled dog. I am suppose to keep these posts short, so here is a list of things that have happened when attending a night with out my boyfriend, Brutus.  Doggy loose tearing around kitchen, drool, spilled beers, spilled cocktails, spilled doggy bowl water, fisherman style knots to tie down dog, more drool, people poking at his balls, eating old Cheetos of bar floor, spilling wine on my phone, peeing in drain in bar bathroom, drinking Makers Mark, thanks Daddy and Uncle Milo, jumping, falling, biting a girls lit cigarette, drinking Mommy's wine, nipping at old lady, barking a drunk girl, hupping drunk girl, hupping drunk guy, making mud paw stains up old lady's white Capri's, slobbering, knocking over kids walking by, bowling ball styling a drunk guy, pulling friend of chair, pulling many friends off chairs, picking up chicks, getting a buzz and successfully making Mommy Drink more... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

No comments:

Post a Comment