Friday, February 25, 2011

Pastel Princess


Adventure #5 Allergic Reactions

I went to art school. An with the enrollment of countless hours of art history and figure drawing you obtain an unusual amount of art supplies. Having to move about three times in less then a year, lets just say my supplies were very shy of Martha Stewart's standards and strewn about my office. The pile went down the hallway and criss-crossed through my bedroom. Probably not an ideal situation for my then 6 month old English bulldog. He would race around with with staplers in his mouth, smudge sticks and oil tubes. Though on this particular day, Brutus decided to ingest a 24-pack of bright colored pastels. For those of you that didn't go to art school; Pastels are the adult form of kids chalk. They break apart easily and when used correctly make for a wonderful drawing medium. Now my once white carpets were covered in neon blues, pinks and oranges and my once white dog resembled Rainbow Bright! Face and head covered in hues of hot fuchsia slobber, again I freaked out!  Only a few weeks since his last emergency trip to the vet, my dumb ass was too embarrassed to call and started looking up the symptoms and dangers online. With absolutely no form of medial skills and few mother instincts, I thought his "reaction" was quite funny! He started spinning in a circle on his back and barking excitedly at his butt! Twists and turns,  he did loop-d-loops throughout our living room. I have uploaded a series of photos of this debacle and I know now this proves evidential support but it's pretty sad that instead of running to the vet, I ran to grab my camera to capture the moment!

OK, yes! So I did finally make it to the 911 Vet. Did I mention he did this on a Sunday? Yep everything is doubled on a Sunday, Thanks Brutus. 450+ dollars later...we were back home with vomiting pills and a saline filled hunch back of Notre Dame dog. The vet filled up his back up with tons a fluids to cleanse out his Monet inspired insides. I have also enclosed a picture of his ginormous backside, it was a sight to see and a artful sized bill. Thanks Brutus, now go and poop out and sell a "Duchamp Inspired,"painting to make up for the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment