Monday, June 13, 2011

The Clock Is Ticking

Adventure #35 Just Stuff It

Do You ever feel like your "stuff" is really that important?  I have drawers and closets full of just "stuff." What is all this stuff really about? Ummm. not quite sure. I am scared to even open up one of my closets. Brutus has a lot of stuff too. OK I know he doesn't go out and buy impulse items like his Mother but he has acquired a lot of stuff over the last 21 Months. He has his own drawers of Tight Tank Tops, wristbands and various bar/surf logo Ts. He also is known for his huge basket of toys! I say known for because everyone that comes over has mention the sure volume of this particular basket. It is full of anything from Cubbie Bears, balls in all shapes and sizes, Dura Play items, half-eaten bones, Kong's, Tug of War Ropes, toys that look like food, plastic light up bouncing balls and my favorite his suckle stuff animals. Now, when I say suckle; he does this thing where he gathers the stuffing on the animals face and kneads like a cat would and sucks on the little animal or what we like to call it: Lamb Chop. For short it is called Lamb Lamb. And when I really wanna to get that 4 hours of sleep before work; I call out for Lamb Lamb! The vet told me a year ago to deter for this kind of behavior. Well my vet doesn't live in my house and this is one of the only things that puts my dog too sleep! If you were to see it, it's actually pretty cute. He can do that for hours. I  have Googled the reasoning why and this the main answer that I have recieved. If you have this problem see link:http://www.dogbehaviour.com/articles/dogs/objectsucking.htm . Anyways, his love for his toys has grown bigger then ever expected! Even now as I write, he ferociously tips over his basket and chooses wisely what he is going to play with for the next minute and a half before he switches again. Apparently his stuff is important! Brutus has also been doing this other "behavioral" thing. As soon as you arrive home, he runs too the door to greet you with his new favorite toy. In this case, let's just say "tire swing." He then keeps it clench in his mouth, while he runs out front to make make business! It's weird and odd but I am thinking he just doesn't wanna leave the house without his favorite prize possession!  So I ask you guys this. If you had ten minutes to leave the house, what would quickly scoop up? OK not the obvious "kid" or "husband" down the hallway. If they were safe and already grabbing their own things, what would you actually run for and quickly throw into your arms? The Clock Is Ticking... what is really that important? My Answer will be explained on the next adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment